About Higher Education Department
the government new law college, indore has been integral part of holkar science college which, established 125 years ago in the year 1891. it was in the year 1923 when the law education got started in the holkar college. from the year 1961, arts and commerce branch and law branch were separated from the holkar college and into a whole new college and was named as government arts and commerce college. the foundation stone of the college building was kept by the world famous prime minister late shree jawaharlal nehru on november 3, 1958 and further which was inaugurated by world famous philosopher and president late dr. radhakrishnan on december 27, 1960. the college started its new session in the year 1961. as per the directives of the bar council of india, govt. of madhya pradesh established separate law college on 17.07.2003 since then this new law college came in existence. this college has been a centre for llm and research since 1964. the college has its own enriched library too.
this institution has contributed immensely in the field of law and has groomed its students such that they don't only achieved heights in studies, but also proved them as successful lawyers, teachers and law service providers. the students of this college have been honoured as the state minister, high court judges and supreme court judges too. for the overall growth of the students the college provides them with the special facilities of legal and camp counselling, moot court and daunting, also organising various competitions like legal quiz and debate. to develop interest in academic activities law council is also constituted. earlier law college organized lectures of national level thinkers and jurists. guest lectures are also being conducted on time to time by inviting judges of the high court, senior advocates and professors. overall academically sound this historical law college is now developing in a new dimension.