* To provide qualitative traditional higher education to the students who hail mostly from the surrounding villages.
* To impart skill-based education for overall personality development of the students along with traditional education.
* To endeavour to make higher education meaningful and socially relevant to the extent possible.
* To change the various facets of education according to the needs of the time while keeping its basic structure intact.
* To give higher education a direction towards job oriented training.
* Four major consideration addressed by the goals and objectives are as under:-
(a) Education: To provide higher education to the rural and economically backward sections of the society, so that they can be also brought to the main stream of national development.
(b) Training : To impart skill based training to interested students in various fields.
(c) Employment : To prepare more and more students for direct employment after graduation/ post graduation.
(d) Equal opportunities : The college provides equal opportunities to both male/female categories and privileged/ under privileged sections of the society. There is a greater relaxation in the cuttoff level of marks for SC/ST students, so that they can also get admission to various courses along with the students of general category. The college also provides fee exemption to the deserving students in self- financed courses through reimbursement of fees through scholarships as per government norms. Also there is a 'Poor student fund' in the college for the welfare of economically very backward students.